Commercial architecture includes most buildings used for business, such as office buildings, malls, stores, casinos and light manufacturing.
In 1985, a new company called Satellite Software approached Brower & Associates about an addition to a warehouse. Next, a small office building was designed. Then existing office spaces were remodeled. The company then changed its name to WordPerfect Corporation and twenty more buildings worth more than $100 million were designed by Brower & Associates and constructed in Orem and Lindon, Utah. For six years, Brower & Associates spent nearly all of our time with the WordPerfect projects. They include:
- Buildings A, B, C w/ addition, D, E, F, G w/ addition, H, J, K, M, N, Q and S (security).
- The Hard Disk Café
- Softcopy One, Two, Three and Four
- The bus stop
In June, 2003, Brower & Associates was awarded the contract from Hill Air Force Base, Ogden, Utah, for architectural and engineering services for the next two years (working with Thomas Engineering, Hegerhorst Engineering and Spectrum/Bennion).
We are also starting preliminary design for a $11 million residential treatment facility for at-risk youth.
Other commercial buildings include:
- ABA Properties, Orem, Utah
- Bruce Nelson Construction, Springville, Utah
- Chub's Automotive, Orem, Utah
- El Aero Airline, Elko, Nevada
- Dale White Toyota, Elko, Nevada
- Industry West, Orem, Utah
- Label Express, Orem, Utah
- MiraMar Office Building, Orem, Utah
- SCERA Shell Performing Arts Facility, Orem, Utah
- Schmidt's Bakery, Salt Lake City, Utah
- The Hard Disk Café, Orem, Utah
- Twin Labs, Orem, Utah
- and many others
Shopping mall buildings
- Adobe Mall, Elko, Nevada
- Saratoga Springs Mall, Building A, Saratoga Springs w/ Daniel Cook
- Saratoga Springs Mall, Building C, Saratoga Springs w/ Daniel Cook
Shopping mall spaces:
- Churros Ole, Provo Towne Mall, Provo
- Le Nails, Provo Towne Mall, Provo
- Pretzelmaker & TCBY, Grand Mesa Mall, Grand Junction, Colorado
- Schmidt's Bakery, Salt Lake City